Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fall........Whew!

Tailgating at Carolina!


We have been in a whirlwind since school started! The boys are playing football, Abbey played soccer, I am halfway finished with my Masters and Gordon is coaching, fishing, working,.........We are BUSY! We have been to the beach a few times (shrimping), the boys went to Kentucky for the Carolina game and have been to all of the Carolina home games. I only went to one and that was enough. I can't wait until next year when I do not have 8 papers a week to write and can actually do things again. I am taking British Romanticism now and only have 5 per week! I never thought I would be happy with only writing 5 papers a week! I am trying to figure out my topic for my thesis so that I can get started and be ready to go when I get into my Capstone class in March. Any suggestions? I love Gothic Literature, Southern Gothic would be good, Poetry and now....I really like the Female British Romanticist! UGH!!! Help me!









Abbey going after the ball.







Getting ready to score!





2 Biker Dudes and a Cheetah Princess!



Lil' Bulldogs in the huddle! Jacob is #66 and Ethan is #6.



Ethan (#6) waiting for the pass!


Fighting for the pass -- it was intercepted and I think they scored! :(





Jacob (#66) blocking!






When they are getting ready to snap the ball Ethan runs from one side to the other! I am not sure why but here is a picture of him in motion.


Ray boys in action!



The boys are a part of the very first Boys Academy of Boiling Springs -- meaning that they are in the all boys class at their new school. We have been so blessed! I was beside myself all summer (and most of last year) worrying about them going to this new school. We had heard the most horrific stories about the principal, the teachers and about the school itself. Well, our experience has been exactly the opposite. The principal is the nicest, most precious lady that is strict (THANK GOODNESS!) and stands behind her words, but is gracious and loving to the children. She does more for her students than anyone I have ever been involved with! How many principals do you see directing traffic in the mornings? My boys absolutely love her and think she looks like a Barbie doll. Their teachers are fabulous! It is hard and from what I hear they have more tests in their class than any of the other classes, but I feel like they are learning so much and having fun doing it! I grew up with one of their teachers and normally do not like to have teachers that I know, but this has been great! I pray it continues!



We changed Abbey's school this year as well! She is at a different school in our district and LOVES it. She has never had a teacher that she loves more -- she has always loved her teachers, but nothing like Mrs. Lawter! She just thinks they she is her long lost sister or something! She is soaking things up like a sponge! 1st grade is good! Gordon and I are continuously "taking" or "giving" her spelling tests! Last night (Saturday night) I was sitting on the couch calling out words so that Abbey could spell them!







No comments: