I have had so much to do with school that I have not had a chance to update the blog. We have had a great winter but are welcoming SPRING! We just came off of Spring Break and are ready to tackle the last 8 weeks of school. The boys are playing baseball and Abbey took the year off from softball to play spring soccer. She is playing U10 (eeeekkkk!) ONLY because she wanted to be on Maggie's team and the coach was Jeff! So, she is playing on a FULL-SIZE field and it wears her out! It is good for her though!

Concentration
Look at her face and her tongue sticking out!
She LOVES, LOVES,LOVES being the goalie!
Mainly because she jumps on the top of the net and swings!
She did play basketball for Upward at the church and it was absolutely hilarious!

Gordon and the boys got to go Snowtubing with friends but, Abbey was sick so we didn't go. They just went to Hendersonville and had a great time. Of course Gordon did not take a camera so I have no pictures.
We had a Fish Fry a few weeks ago with our friends the Fortners, Holmes, McCallisters, Meeks, Stevens, Stevens, Owens, Delasantos, Threats, Schubecks, Pages, Russells, Stroupes.....there are probably more and I just have forgotten. We had a GREAT time and even let the kids come! AHA! We had the bounce house and the bounce slide to entertain them.

Preparing the food

Still preparing the food

Mary Claire (Gordon's favorite --Betty)
Christie & Gordon in the kitchen -- WHATEVER!! HAHAHAH!
Here is Jacob at practice the other day. I was just tinkering around with different lenses on my camera! Their first game is tonight so.....I should have more pics soon!
OH!!!! And....the best part! Jacob and Ethan played in a basketball tournament in Charlotte at the Charlotte Bobcat arena! It was AWESOME! I didn't get to go but they have a ball! Go Forest City Heat! (Yes...that is getting ready to start up)
And.....my boys have gone to their first dance this year! BSIS sponsored 2 dances this year to raise money for the March of Dimes. I don't have the pics from the first one yet (my dear friend Christie took them and I haven't seen them yet but will post when I get them) but, do have a couple from the most recent! Enjoy!
YMCA
Jacob is in the pink shirt in the middle.
Monica's son is to the right of him with the plaid shorts on.
And Ethan....I swear he needs to be on the show "So You Think You Can Dance"! He loves to dance and was dancing in the driveway as I left this morning! Both boys have just received their invites to the National League of Junior Cotillions so.......let the torture begin!! heheheh! I am going to have the time of my life going to balls and dances with my boys! They will enjoy it also -- one day!
And....finally -- I have completed ALL of the classes for my Masters degree in English and am in my FINAL course -- THE CAPSTONE! which is the "class" that is two months long when I write my thesis! My thesis is on the "Courtly Love in Dante and Fitzgerald's Lives and Work". Hopefully, I will graduate in May -- if not definitely by June.
See you soon!
1 comment:
Hey! Thanks for stopping by & leaving a note, so nice to meet you. Glad you found me & I love your suggestion of the covered button, sounds like a fun idea. I've got a niece who monograms, so I could def. get that done. Come back & see me!
Post a Comment