Friday, December 7, 2007

Somebody's Watching Me!




This picture makes me think of the song by Rockwell -- "I always feel like Somebody's Watching me" -- HA!! The boys had basketball last night so my parents and I took Abbey downtown to the Chapman Cultural Arts Center and went to the Art Museum, History Museum (HIGHLY Recommend!!!) and the Science Center! This sweet "little" bear was in the Science Center and my normally brave, not afraid of anything daughter wouldn't get near it! She made my daddy (Poppy) stand with her!








My Beautiful Southern Belle! Abbey is a TRUE Southern Belle -- she loves sweet tea and grits! Thank goodness because that is a staple in our diet -- even for dinner last night!


This was also in the science center and she didn't want to get near it -- a tiny little FAKE skeleton! What is UP with her? Is this the same child that came in from Pre-school holding a picture of her with a HUGE snake and laughing at me!!!

I think we are going to take the children to Hollywild Zoo to see the animals and the Christmas lights. After Abbey and I finished at the Arts Center, I picked the boys up from basketball (because Gordon had to go and look at CHELSEY'S house to see how to work on the bathroom) and we went looking at Christmas lights! I have to tell you -- we went through one of the nicest neighborhoods in BS and although the lights were beautiful there are only so many white lights you can look at! I am guilty of the all white lights myself. But, if you go to the older neighborhoods you can see houses with 8 to 10 inflatables, moving carousels, and TONS of lights! I LOVE these! I am a wannabe Christmas decorator -- just like Clark in Christmas Vacation!! I just love to look at them and the more the merrier!! Gordon says "We lmit our exterior illumination" -- NO FUN!!!

I "Felt the earth move under my feet" -- this morning! I thought Gordon fell down the stairs and ran to see if he was okay and he was still riding his bike. I asked him if he fell or moved furniture and he said "NO"! Then I get to school and the nurse asked if I felt the earthquake! Yes, folks, we had a 3.1 earthquake here in Boiling Springs! Go figure!

I am playing in a golf tournament tomorrow! I am playing with Ethan ~ I guess you could say he drew the short straw! When Gordon asked them who wanted to play with me neither of them spoke a word! Finally, Ethan said that he would! Gordon is playing with Abbey and Jacob is playing with my dad (Poppy). I have done something (unknown to me) to my shoulder and can't lift it so, it will not be a good time for Ethan. He is SO competitive but, it is for CHELSEY so we can't complain!

The boys have their Christmas program Sunday evening at church. I will post pictures of all of them next week!

Joshua 1:9 says, Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.




2 comments:

MM said...

Do you remember what your coach told you about calories from liquid? Sweet tea is BAD for you...

Unknown said...

I swear it is always made with The Yellow Stuff (Splenda) and is decaf!!