Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My sweet princess!

OK - I let Abbey do something this weekend that I swore I would NEVER, EVER do! But, she begged and no amount of bribing was going to talk her out of it! Gordon and I offered new toys, trips to places -- heck, her little friend Carly had an awesome birthday party and Abbey would NOT budge!!! She was going to do a pageant. Well, my friend Julie did one that was a NATURAL pageant! HA!! That is certainly an oxymoron! Anyways, she did absolutely wonderful! It was kindof funny! I had told her when her group came out to look at the judges and smile. Well, she took me at my word and looked at them and never stopped!!! I told my mom "I told her to look at them -- not stare them down and stalk them." The picture below shows the "stalker" stare! The judges were on the side of the stage! Too funny!

They had to answer an on stage question -- at this age -- Yikes!! Anyways, it was "If you could be an animal what would you be and why?" Abbey's answer: "A bunny because they are soft and they run really fast." Well, this came from a little bunny that was in our neighbors yard the night before and Abbey and Jake tried to chase it into our yard. But, as it hopped towards our yard Cooper ran towards it and the bunny turned and took it's chances with Abbey & Jake.

Abbey was 2nd runner-up and won Photogenic in her age division and Photogenic Overall! All done with a picture that I took in the backyard while playing with my camera!! The only way she agreed to take pictures this day was if she didn't have to fix her hair and could wear anythign she wanted -- hence the black (out of date) shawl and the brown and pink SUMMER shirt underneath!!!



So, we thought this would be okay with her! Well, NO!! On the way home she said "Mama, I wanted a crown -- next time I am getting me a crown." This can't be the same girl that was only supposed to walk out and hand the winner some flowers at last year's Miss BS9th pageant and refused to even go BEHIND the stage. It can't be the same girl that ran into some of my friends last week when we were getting her dressed steamed and hid on the other side of me so that she didn't have to look at them!!! What have I gotten myself into???

Everyone else is doing okay! The boys are trucking along with school getting ready for PACT testing! I am not stressing as much this year as I did last year. They have both done really well on their MAP testing so, I it is not going to help anyone if I stress over it.

I have some BIG, exciting news coming FRIDAY so......stay tuned!!

No comments: