Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Summer is nearly over....


We took the children to Jones Gap State Park on Sunday and hiked. We made it all the way to Jones Gap Falls and even though there were times when I wanted to turn around -- it was well worth the sweat! It was beautiful! How anyone could look at something so beautiful and say that there is no God just baffles me. Who else could make something so majestic and beautiful? The same thing with my children. I look at them sometimes -- normally after I have had to fuss at them for doing something -- and marvel at how spectacular they really are. They all have hearts of gold, would do anything in the world for you and are just funny, funny people. I am in continuous amazement and disbelief that they are mine. I have said this before and will say it forever -- what did I do to deserve them? I am truly humbled to be their mother. I guess I am being a little bit sensitive right now because the summer is over, I am back and work and they are going back to school -- another year gone! There are children that the boys went to daycare with that will be in the 11th grade this year!! They are on the fast forward track of life it seems. How in the world do I make this ride SLOW DOWN.


No comments: